Monday, 29 July 2013

TMI EPISODE 2- KALAVANTIN DURG







When one gets into a magnificent and glorious Family, he has to indulge himself into the Family activities and is bound to certain duties. I find it as my fortuity that I’m a member of such Family and my Family activities are so appealing that one would die to perform his tasks, so do I and within a matter of seconds I took my decision and registered myself for its next weekend activity.  






Well talking about my journey it all started with a prank by a devil who turned out in to a GODDESS later on ;) . Thank GOD she didn’t cursed me brutally as I gave a pat on her head for the prank. But I was surprised and glad to see you guys (the prank masters) when I reached Panvel Station J . After a 15KMs ride in “TUM-TUM”  we reached our base village “Thakurwadi” had  a few clicks and then we were asked to form a “STRAIGHT CIRCLE” (Only a TMI member can form it :P ) had scrumptious theplas, a quick introduction and  instruction session from our leads; Aniket Thosar, Sandesh Chalke and Vishal Khond and yes it was then we began with our actual trek.









Unlike my last trek the ascend of this trek began with a feeling of wooziness as the clouds were clear, no rain at all L . But soon we came across this dense forest, walking there gave me a feeling as if I’m “BEAR GRYLLS” and started remembering his episodes and soon the wooziness was gone. Those little conversations with this DABANGG Girl  was really awful and cool. Soon this easy and not so challenging trek brought all of us to this slippery rocks as if Kalavantin was angry upon us and said “bohot easy easy bol raha hai naale beta tu ab chadke bata upar” but with a “NEVER BACK DOWN” attitude we positively accepted the challenge and finally reached top. The 25 ft rappelling was fun, spectacular job done by Aniket Thosar who reached the top without a rope and tied it so that we can reach the peak safely. It was the first time I was performing rappelling and it was a damn cool thing to do, the time I reached the peak I was blessed to see our GODDESS Sanjna Devi :D and without any delay I went to her, soon the crowd gathered around the GODDESS and it started raining heavily, along with strong blowing wind (THE EPIC BOLLYWOOD SCENE) only a thing that was missing was the swinging temple bells :D soon everyone started taking her blessings, FROOTI TIRTH and MAHA BHOJAN AS PRASHAAD even the atheists took her blessings and the guy I mean me was punished for my morning pat :o . Photo session in this trek was the coolest one, uncanny pose suggestions by everyone and the bad weather which  tormented all of us through out our posing’s.












               Descending has become my favorite session from the whole trek, heavy rain…. strong winds…. foggy weather… What a moment it is? can’t even express it in words, this time descending was very much cool and very much pleasing and this guy Amit Bhadoria with a wicked sense of humor kept us giggling until we reached our base village. Those little waterfalls, heavily flowing water, and  bhutta was the best thing. One should definitely experience it during monsoons. Soon after we reached our base, had a quick change and moved towards Panvel station. As soon as we reached there we were again blessed by our GODDESS, this time with VADA PAV, BHAJIYA & BADAM SHAKE. And soon we took our trains and we were back to the pavilion “HOME SWEET HOME”.  All in the end one more amazing experience to my newly developed passion, “TREKKING”.


Camera Credits:
  • Rohan Gokhale


Vote Of Thanks:
  • Aniket Thosar
  • Sandesh Chalke
  • Vishal Khond 

Brief Description:
  • Event Type: Hill Fort.
  • Height: 2330 Feet Above MSL(Approx).
  • Grade: Medium.
  • Base Village: Thakurwadi.
  • Region: Panvel.

         


"While many people abort their plans when rain surprises them, we at TMI Family take it as an opportunity to create a milestone, peculiar and ambitious experience".





No comments:

Post a Comment